Hi Chris,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins, and I’m emailing you about a CPAN module naming
conflict.

Your Smil distribution contains a module called “QT”, which is the file
lib/SMIL/QT.pm, so it almost looks like you meant to call the module SMIL::QT?

The conflict comes because German Garand (copied on this email) has a “Qt”
module, as part of his PerlQt distribution.

Until recently PAUSE treated these as separate modules, but that caused
problems on case-insensitive filesystems: you can’t have both QT and Qt
installed at the same time on MacOS X, for example.

Would you be happy to release an updated version of your distribution with QT
renamed to SMIL::QT? Or if you’re maintaining this module any more, would you
be happy for me to release a new version, and then to delete the old release
from your author directory?

Sorry for the hassle — there aren’t too many cases like this, and PAUSE won’t
let any new cases occur, so I want to resolve the ones we have.

Cheers,
Neil