On Mon, 15 Aug 2016, David Golden wrote:

Please email a takeover request directly to the author. That might get noticed in a way a bug report might not.

Done.

That said, I do think we give original authors a little too much control here. In the case where the author has stopped releasing things to CPAN, insisting that we try to track them down personally outside of using the existing bug reporting mechanisms seems a little much.

I'm not sure how we can best have that conversation as a community.

Cheers,

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)