Dear all,

I'd like to request co-maint on some of Tobyink's modules. I know this is
not something you do lightly, and it is not something I request lightly. I
consider him a friend, and we've met IRL several times.

Please see attached my most recent email to him. In addition, I first sent
him an email 2015-07-30 simply telling him that we miss him (without any
technical requests). Then, I asked if I could get co-maint of App::perlrdf
using toby...@cpan.org on 2016-02-09. Then, another email on 26/07/2017
about porting his RDFa stuff to Attean. As you probably know, Toby said in
February that he was back from a long hiatus:
http://blogs.perl.org/users/toby_inkster/2017/02/so-i-guess-im-back.html
and he was updating modules for a while earlier this year. I had no
HTML5::HTML::Parser, which we have been unsuccessful in fixing. I sent him a
personal email about that on 2017-08-17. This most recent email I sent to
m...@tobyinkster.co.uk, since that was what we've used for most
communication in the past.

Then, I posted at Perl Monks:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1199715

Although I have his phone number, I haven't used that. It feels like being
unnecessarily intrusive, if he can't set aside time for this stuff, then
bothering him on the phone doesn't seem right.

Therefore, I hope you can help me with co-maint on some of his modules.
Mostly, I do RDF stuff. I have concrete patches to RDF::DOAP and
Dist::Inkt::DOAP (I suspect Toby and I are the only users of the latter),
and some stuff on RDF::RDFa::Generator. The first two are only very minimal
changes, the latter are fairly intrusive. In addition, App::perlrdf is in a
bad state. I don't know if I can find the time to do anything about it, so,
I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you want to give me co-maint on
that too.

Best regards,

Kjetil
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Toby!

I saw your announcement that you were back, but I haven't from you on any
of the open issues. I'd like to offer to co-maint some of the modules on
CPAN, please let me know what you'd like.

There are some small things, and some bigger. To take the small things
first. I'm now co-mainting DOAP, and I got in a property for support forum,
which I intend to use for IRC in Dist::Inkt, so I have a pull request open
for that:
https://github.com/tobyink/p5-rdf-doap/pull/1
and for Dist::Inkt.
https://github.com/tobyink/p5-dist-inkt-doap/pull/1
If you give me co-maint for those, I can certainly do this myself. I
haven't got any further big plans in that area.

The bigger thing is the migration of RDF::RDFa::Generator to Attean. I have
a compatibility layer now that should help to do this, but I think we
should probably split the current code so that Trine-specific things is a
distro of itself. I can offer to do this too if you grant me co-maint on
CPAN.

I don't know if you've noticed the problems around UTF8 in
HTML::HTML5::Parser. It is about to be removed from Debian, and we wouldn't
want that to happen, but we haven't really managed to find a fix that people
are happy about. Most of the discussion is in:
https://github.com/tobyink/p5-html-html5-parser/pull/3
I don't think I have much to contribute, but I just want to give you a
heads-up about it in case you haven't noticed.

I'd love to see you back in the community!

Cheers,

Kjetil

--- End Message ---