Hi James,

I’m one of the PAUSE admins. I saw that your recent release wasn’t indexed,
because of a decreasing version number.

You went from 1.9 to 1.10. The "problem" is that PAUSE treats those version
numbers as regular floating point numbers, so 1.9 is the same as 1.90, and 1.90
is greater than 1.10.

PAUSE doesn’t index modules that have lower version numbers than what’s
currently in the index, to prevent people accidentally uploading old versions
(and breaking other people’s applications/modules, that are relying on new
features).

Personally, when I release modules to CPAN, I use decimal places, so 1.01 etc.
I’ve never done even close to 99 releases of a module, so haven’t hit the
limit. This is the most popular version numbering scheme on CPAN, with the
second place going to three decimal places (1.001, 1.010, etc).

Cheers,
Neil