Hello,

I'm interested in adopting the Devel-NYTProf distribution. If you can grant me the privilege I will release the next version.

Devel::NYTProf is currently classified as ADOPTME in the PAUSE permissions file 06perms.txt.gz.

Devel::NYTProf,ADOPTME,f

Hence it is available for adoption.

A change in Perl 5 blead has caused Devel-NYTProf distribution to fail its test suite.

BBC ticket: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18215
D-N ticket: https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/issues/143

I have diagnosed this problem and provided a pull request which addresses it:

Pull request: https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pull/147

I've had some correspondence with Tim Bunce about this. On March 28 he wrote me and said, "I'd be delighted if you'd consider becoming a co-maintainer, or even owner."

Now, I'll admit that the possibility of becoming the *owner* of Devel-NYTProf was at first intimidating. NYTProf relies upon XS code and Javascript, neither of which are in my current skill set. I would have been fine with Tim's applying the pull request. So I wrote Tim back indicating my limitations in this respect. Tim did give me write access to his github repository (though I have not yet exercised this access).

I have not received any comments from Tim about my pull request cited above, but I have continued to do work on NYTProf and have filed 3 other pull requests mainly focused on extending its test suite's coverage of the source code.

I therefore believe that I am competent to become a co-maintainer of this distribution on CPAN. I note that in 06perms.txt.gz there does not actually exist a status of "owner" -- "first-come" is the closest there is to that -- but there does exist the status of "co-maint". So I would like to formally apply for co-maint status on Devel-NYTProf (or at least on those modules that are part of the current version on CPAN).

My maintenance plan for Devel-NYTProf is:

* Review existing pull requests at https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pulls. For example, I anticipate applying:

** https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pull/126
** https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pull/129
** https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pull/142

... as these tickets are "housekeeping".

* Given that I would be the active co-maintainer, I would change the metadata to point to my github repository rather than Tim Bunce's.

* Apply my pull request https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/pull/147 for the BBC failures. Do a CPAN release and, after examination of CPANtesters results, close the related bug tickets in Perl 5 blead and in Tim's Issue queue.

* Apply my additional p.r.s shortly thereafter and do an additional CPAN release.

* Post on module-authors@ to the effect that I have become co-maint for this distribution and would appreciate feedback from active users and from people who can do XS.

Please review.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan