Can you supply the full log messages below from Apache error log with any
prefixes so I can identify what output them.

The mod_wsgi code does emit a message "Python has shutdown", but doesn't emit a
message "Connection closed to child with abortive shutdown".

So is important that can see the full log messages include any date/time stamp
and prefixes. Any other messages around that time would also be useful.

If I had to guess, you are using some third party package for Python which
assumes that if it has an internal error message that it can force a process
shutdown using a signal or call of C level exit() function.

Also, although you see the messages "Resource temporarily unavailable" are they
transient and after a moment requests start to be processed again?