On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 10:05 PM A McBain <mcbain....@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >                 user=asmcbain group=asmcbain             \
> >                 display-name='%{GROUP}'                  \
> >                 lang='en_US.UTF-8'                       \
> >                 locale='en_US.UTF-8'                     \
> >                 threads=5                                \
> >                 queue-timeout=45                         \
> >                 socket-timeout=60                        \
> >                 connect-timeout=15                       \
> >                 request-timeout=60                       \
> >                 inactivity-timeout=0                     \
> >                 startup-timeout=15                       \
> >                 deadlock-timeout=60                      \
> >                 graceful-timeout=15                      \
> >                 eviction-timeout=0                       \
> >                 restart-interval=0                       \
> >                 shutdown-timeout=5                       \
> >                 maximum-requests=0                       \
> >                 python-home=/home/asmcbain/enfilade/.env \
> >                 python-path=/home/asmcbain/enfilade
> >         WSGIProcessGroup site-1
> >         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
> >         WSGIScriptAlias / /home/asmcbain/enfilade/atcid/wsgi.py
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > <VirtualHost ...>
> >         ServerName site-2.example.com
> >         WSGIDaemonProcess site-2        \
> >                 user=asmcbain group=asmcbain             \
> >                 display-name='%{GROUP}'                  \
> >                 lang='en_US.UTF-8'                       \
> >                 locale='en_US.UTF-8'                     \
> >                 threads=5                                \
> >                 queue-timeout=45                         \
> >                 socket-timeout=60                        \
> >                 connect-timeout=15                       \
> >                 request-timeout=60                       \
> >                 inactivity-timeout=0                     \
> >                 startup-timeout=15                       \
> >                 deadlock-timeout=60                      \
> >                 graceful-timeout=15                      \
> >                 eviction-timeout=0                       \
> >                 restart-interval=0                       \
> >                 shutdown-timeout=5                       \
> >                 maximum-requests=0                       \
> >                 python-home=/home/asmcbain/enfilade/.env \
> >                 python-path=/home/asmcbain/enfilade
> >         WSGIProcessGroup site-2
> >         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
> >         WSGIScriptAlias / /home/asmcbain/enfilade/atcid/wsgi.py
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > So each site should have different name to WSGIDaemonProcess, with matching
> > WSGIProcessGroup, and WSGIApplicationGroup should be %{GLOBAL} for both,
> > not {SERVER}.
> >
> > The {SERVER} value has a different meaning and best avoiding it.
> >
> > So lets make sure each is running in separate daemon process groups.
> >
> > BTW, also make sure that somewhere outside of all VirtualHost definitions
> > you add:
> >
> >     WSGIRestrictEmbedded On
>
> OK, I updated both the old site and the new one to make
> WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}. They always had different
> WSGIProcessGroup values.
>
> I also added WSGIRestrictEmbedded to the base Apache config.
>
> Apache restarts fine, and the old site loads up but the new one still
> prints the import math error even after the changes. 😕
>
> I've attached the relevant bits to both.

Originally I'd compiled this Python 3.11 myself, but I've just double
checked and verified Python 3.11 and the -dev package are from
official packages and not my own manual build+install.

I also checked that inside or outside of the virtual env (results are
the same) I can run the Python interpreter shell and do:

import math
math.ceil(1.1)

I don't get any errors.

- Alastair