Hi Nitika,

> Firstly I, Nitika would like to introduce myself to the developers of
> this commmunity.

You're welcome! I am the project admin. ;)

> My skills include Programming languages: GNU C/C++, Python, Javascript,
> Version control systems Git/Github and SVN.

You won't need C/C++ for moin, also no git or svn.

But you'll need hg (mercurial), bitbucket and html5 / css.

> I had installed the required necessary tools and setup the environment
> in my system needed for the contribution to open source software.

Contributions are always welcome. See the moin-2.0 issue tracker and the
EasyToDo page on the wiki.

> I had got myself aware of the source to some
> extent and had forked on my github account.

I guess would not have worked as we do not use git for moin.

The moin 1.9 repo for moin you found on github is just something from a
user and rather outdated.

See the wiki for our repo URLs, links to documentation, etc.:

http://moinmo.in/MoinMoin2.0

BTW, it looks a bit like you made this mailing list post content rather
generic so you can post it to multiple mailing lists. While I can
understand this for efficiency reasons, that might cause issues, as you
have seen.

In case you plan to do similar for your GSOC application(s): don't do
that, it won't work.

You should focus on 1 or 2 applications and prepare them well. You need
to get into the project(s), have a meaningful application, know what
you're talking about, give details about the project you plan to do.

If you do more than a few, you will likely not have enough time to do
each of them well enough.

> I would like to seek the mentors help in the selection of the project
> for which the idea has been proposed for the Gsoc and someone is willing
> to mentor the project idea.

See our ideas page on the wiki (and please read at least the first
paragraphs of it completely).

If there is some interesting project for you (or if you have an own
idea), join us on #moin-dev on IRC.

Cheers,

Thomas