Thanks for the advice and input.

I am running Hypnotoad underneath a UNIX service management application,
and after quite a bit of debugging, I am not able to replicate the problem
when I run Hypnotoad on its own. So perhaps this is more of a fault with
the service manager. Hypnotoad is running in foreground mode, launched by
the service manager. I'm sure this is not a typical configuration, but I
have to work with what I have. Hotswappability has already proven an issue
with the Service Manager, as during hot swap it wants to keep track of the
original hypnotoad server and is unaware of the new server's pid.

I am considering writing a simple wrapper script that will launch hypnotoad
- something similar to Clustericious::Command::hypnotoad.

Are there any different deployment strategies that anyone can recommend for
running hypnotoad / Mojo::Server::Prefork as a foreground process?