That seems like the appropriate mechanism to me. If you want to provide a
convenience method, I would instead provide one that takes the $ua object
and an optional generator name, and calls ->add_generator itself. It would
also be subclassable since it could call a method on $self instead of
__PACKAGE__.
-Dan