It can't use the first entry, because each reverse proxy will append to the
header, and so the first one could be anything supplied by the user. This
is also why reverse proxy detection must be opted into to begin with. You
can use https://metacpan.org/pod/Mojolicious::Plugin::ForwardedFor to
specify how many reverse proxy levels you are deploying behind to retrieve
the correct address.

-Dan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mojolicious/CABMkAVW4gcRF5%3D0RboQhn3JcunG7qNqPuzR3oq4jmDFE%3DN4Z8A%40mail.gmail.com.