On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:40:28 PM UTC+1, Celejar wrote:

> I see that Debian does ship the default certificate, in:
>
> /usr/share/perl5/Mojo/IOLoop/resources/server.crt
> /usr/share/perl5/Mojo/IOLoop/resources/server.key
>
> Has Debian disabled it, or is there something that one needs to do to
> enable it? The documentation implies that running the server as I did
> should just work with the built-in certificate?

The next Debian stable release (10/buster) is currently frozen and due for
release 2019-07-06. It will be released with a system-wide minimum
supported TLS version of 1.2, which the current mojolicious default https
key does not support. As a result, connections over https using this
certificate on current Debian testing/unstable and the next stable release
"buster" will fail.

As you have noticed, creating new keys that are TLS 1.2+ compliant will
work. It is also possible to adjust the minimum supported TLS version on
your system, but this is not recommended.

I have created a PR for consideration which replaces the current keypair
with one suitable for TLS 1.2+ at:

https://github.com/mojolicious/mojo/pull/1371

I would also recommend that the keys used during the TEST_TLS phase of the
test suite similarly be updated to support TLS 1.2+.

Cheers,
Nick