De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]De la
part de Stephane Bortzmeyer
Envoye : vendredi 31 aout 2001 10:19
A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Checking Perl processes (process.monitor is not suitable)

I wish to check that a particular process is running. The obvious
solution is: "Use process.monitor". But the Net-SNMP's prTable only
stores the name of the executable and can only check it (on the
"proc" directives of snmpd.conf), not the full command-line.

Which means that I can check that 'sshd' is running, not that 'perl
foobar.pl' is running.

The only solution I see is to write my own monitor which will check
host.hrSWRun.hrSWRunTable.hrSWRunEntry.hrSWRunParameters and will test
it against its list (it also have the side-effect of putting the list
of processes to watch in the SNMP client, not in the server).

Comments ?