On Friday 07 June 2002 03:10 pm, David Amiel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if someone has tried to simulate a website browsing
> and monitor it with mon ?

yeah, and it's not easy.

> Though the http monitor script validate the web server is responding, it
> can't validate the service hosted on this webserver is correctly running ..
>
> Any ideas ?

The best command-line client I've used is curl.
http://curl.haxx.se

curl allows you to script-ify many sequences of actions, and it understands
https, x.509 user certificates, and retains cookies. I haven't written a mon
test to do so, but it would be easy to write a mon test that wrapped
invocations of a curl monitoring script.

The popular commercial tools in this space (e.g. silk) may or may not support
some level of communication with mon, but I wouldn't count on it. They're
certainly not light weight either.

andrew