I am currently working on this.  Dave Nolan also has something that may be
web configurable (look at http://www.net.cmu.edu/netsage).

My direction is a little less complicated, but also not aimed at a
general monitoring configurator.  I am currently trying to separate the
configuration parts of mon out into a module called Mon::Config.  Once
there tying a cgi-based configurator should be fairly simple.  This may
still be a month or more out, as mon knows way too much about the
configuration file and likes to manipulate all the details.

I'll post more as people ask or when I am done.

-Tom Scanlan