--On Friday, September 20, 2002 2:46 PM +0200 Dennis Bieling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have another question. I am using the mon on a client/server based
> architecture. On my mon server where all the clients deliver their remote
> alerts to, I keep getting this errormessage in the syslog : mon[30949]:
> no monitor found while trying to run []
> Can anyone give me an idea what I am doing wrong?
> As far as I can see it mon works fine, but keeps spamming these messages
> over and over. It doesn`t start at the very beginning when I start mon,
> but about 30 mins later.

What does your configuration look like on the master server?
I'm using a similar setup here and not seeing these errors.

I suspect you have intervals defined on the master server, and you don't
need to.  (If the master is just receiving traps, it doesn't need either
'monitor' or 'interval' options on the watch groups.)

-David Nolan
 Network Software Developer
 Computing Services
 Carnegie Mellon University