--On Friday, September 20, 2002 2:43 PM +0200 Dennis Bieling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is there any way to monitor the percentage of swap and memory usage? I
> didn`t find a monitor for it so far and I am not that familiar with pearl
> to write an own monitor and I don`t know a pearl module which might hold
> the functions I might use. Would be great if someone could give ma a hint
> about it.

Sure... Here's a hint.  SNMP, the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, and snmpvar.monitor
from the contrib archive.  Most snmp daemons export this by default or can
be configured to export it.  Then its just a simple matter of configuring
snmpvar to look at the right data.

If you've already got a snmp agent on the machine in question, try
snmpwalk'ing host.hrStorage (.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2  if your snmpwalk can't
transate that directly)

-David Nolan
 Network Software Developer
 Computing Services