Although Mon was designed on an up/down model, I was wondering about how
well it could be used to track performance on a more granular basis. I'd
like to store response times from pings and http requests, and be able to
graph them or generate statistics.

I know about rrdmon, but that seem to simply record whether the host was up
or down, and it runs with its own scheduler. Likewise, tools like Cricket
which have http polling included, don't seem to have the sophisitication of
Mon when it comes to flexibility of polling configuration or parallel
requests or differing intervals.

I am thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to have the monitor script write
to an RRD database the response time it recorded for the poll, and then have
some other software graph/digest the data when I needed it.

Has anyone else attempted this, or know of someone who has?

Thanks,

Paul Socolow