Hi there.

I'm currently using mon to monitor a whole bunch of things and there's
one oddity I've noticed which I can't find anything about.

I have a host which is checked every 2 minutes using fping.monitor.
Tonight this host went down at 22:08 and came back up at 22:59. However,
the messages I received had this info:

Alert:
Summary output        : <hostname>

Group                 : us-web
Service               : ping
Time noticed          : Thu Jan 23 22:08:12 2003
Secs until next alert :
Members               : <members>

Detailed text (if any) follows:
-------------------------------

start time: Thu Jan 23 22:07:55 2003
end time  : Thu Jan 23 22:08:11 2003
duration  : 16 seconds

Upalert:
Summary output        : <hostname>

Group                 : us-web
Service               : ping
Time noticed          : Thu Jan 23 22:58:31 2003
Secs until next alert :
Members               : <members>

Detailed text (if any) follows:
-------------------------------

start time: Thu Jan 23 22:57:05 2003
end time  : Thu Jan 23 22:57:21 2003
duration  : 16 seconds

So blatantly this host was down for more than 16 seconds...

Any help is most gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Aled.

--
Aled Treharne - Technical Solutions Advisor - Frontier Internet Services
Ltd