--On Thursday, March 20, 2003 11:02 PM +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Can anyone help me, i'm trying to implement snmp_interface.mon but keep
> getting the following error

I see a couple of minor things wrong with your usage of the script, but I'm
not sure if they would cause the failure you're seeing.

First, in our command line test run example:

> ./snmp_interface.mon --host router1 ifname Serial0/0

I think you mean "./snmp_interface.mon --host router1 Serial0/0".  i.e.
'ifname' from the usage description is not a literal string, but the
placeholder for where 'Serial0/0' goes.  Also, in this example you didn't
use a community string, but you did in your mon.cfg.  These may both have
just been typo's, or maybe not.  If what you sent was what you ran, you
probably need to try again.

>From your mon.cfg example:

> monitor snmp_interface.mon --community=ropasswd --host router1 Serial0/0

If you're including the host name in the monitor config line you need to
include a semicolon at the end of the line, to tell Mon not to append host
names there.  On the other hand, you could just rewrite the line like this:

monitor snmp_interface.mon --community=ropasswd Serial0/0 --host

and then Mon will append 'router1' to the end before running the monitor.

I don't know if these changes will entirely fix your problem, but at least
the usage will be correct, so any remaining errors will be real problems.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a new version of
snmp_interface.monitor that can deal with multiple routers, I have a
patched version of the script that can do that.  It can only deal with
multiple routers with identical interface names, but at least it can do
that.

Thanks David I tried your recommendation but I still get the same error
message :-<