I plan to use mon to monitor services on two servers(one primary and one backup), I have three questions:
1. can I install mon on just these two servers, then they can monitor each other and do some alerts on themselves (and performe failover).
2. if the first answer is no, Can i use another computer to monitor these two servers and send alert to let one server to takeover the other when one is dead. Can I change some configuration file on the
running server through the monitor computer's alert function. How can i do that?

3. does mon support any services?

Thank you.