That did it! I guess the SNMP.pm documentation hasn't been updated; it states that the default version is 1.

Hugh

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:15 AM, Jim Trocki wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Hugh Caley wrote:

I'm attempting to set up a mon installation on a Redhat 8 machine.
Net-snmp version 5.0.6 is the latest for this OS.  I have installed
this, and the 5.0.6 SNMP perl module to go with it.

wherever you see the "new SNMP::Session" statement, add a "Version => 2"
to its argument list. for example:

    if (!defined ($s = new SNMP::Session (
        "DestHost" => $host,
        "Community" => $comm,
        "Version" => 2,
        "UseEnums" => 1,
        )))
    {
        return ("error" => "cannot create session");
    }

let me know how that goes.

--
Hugh Caley, Unix Systems Administrator