-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ed Ravin
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 9:41 PM
To: Ian Holsman
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: hanging monitor scripts, timers in days

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 01:18:30PM +1100, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I am using a slightly patched version of the latest mon-DEV release.
>
> while running mon I've noticed that some processes (mainly ping.monitor,
> but it has happened to http.monitor as well) get 'hung' causing further
> checks on that service to not run.
>
> or strangely enough the 'timer' on the monitor to say next check in
> days, (even though the testing interval is 3minutes)

The latter (and only the latter) problem happened to me the other day.
A test that runs every 5 minutes was displayed in mon.cgi as "next
scheduled test 2days12h27m" or thereabouts.  I restarted my copy of
mon (a somewhat patched 0.99.2) and it went away.  The problem happened
just after a failure, though it might have been happening before since
I usually only look at the "failures-only" screen.