hi,

  I was trying to copile mon to monitor nfs, but the service is
not working it seems.

 Platform,  RH7.3, Ultramonkey 2.0.1, pentium4

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mon]# cat mon.cf
authtype        =       getpwnam
basedir         =       /etc/ha.d/mon/
cfbasedir       =       /etc/ha.d/mon/etc
alertdir        =       /etc/ha.d/mon/alert.d
statedir        =       /etc/ha.d/mon/state.d
mondir          =       /etc/ha.d/mon/mon.d
logdir          =       /var/log/mon
dtlogfile       =       /var/log/mon/downtime
dtlogging       =       yes
historicfile    =       /var/log/mon/history
maxprocs        =       20
histlength      =       100

hostgroup nfs localhost

watch nfs
        service nfs
                interval 5s
                monitor rpc.monitor -r mountd -r nfs
                period NORMAL: wd {Sun-Sat}
                        alert nfs-restart.alert

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mon]# cat alert.d/nfs-restart.alert
#/etc/ha.d/mon/alert.d/mail.alert $*
/etc/init.d/nfs restart

is the configuration ok, or do i have to change anything.
the nfs was down, and i did ./mon -f -c mon.cf -b `pwd` status
the result was nothing.. can anyone help me to find the trouble.

Regards,

Abhin.

=====
RASC™.  Always With You™  2002 Research And Service Centre.http://rasc.8m.com