--On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:44 AM -0500 Tim Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I pause the scheduler by doing "moncmd stop", presumably
I won't get alerted about traps or trap timeouts.  But will
incoming traps still get noticed?  That is, will last_trap
still get updated as traps arrive, even though the scheduler
is stopped?

Actually with Mon 0.99.* and the 1.0.pre* code you *WILL* get alerts if you
get traps while the scheduler is stopped. This is one of the bugs that are fixed in my code, i.e. in the CVS HEAD on sourceforge, soon to be released as Mon 1.1.*.

In that code alerts will not happen when traps are recieved while the scheduler is stopped, but the traps be processed, and their information will
show in the user interface. (But any non-trap services will obviously not be running, and stale data will sit around.)

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!