--On Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:36 PM -0400 Kishore Jalleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
     I am tring to install mon on Solaris8/Sparc , Perl version
installed is 5.8.5,I also installed all the perl modules required for
mon, when I try to run mon, or test any of the monitors , i get an
error,
"ld.so.1: mon: fatal: libperl.so.1: open failed: no such file or
directory"

, there is no libperl.so.1 on  the system,  am i missing something
...Please suggest

Do you have a working perl installation? The error you are seeing is a linker error that implies that your perl installation may be broken. Try running some other perl scripts.

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!