The bin files like mon, moncmd are in the source folder of
"mon-0.99.2" ( after extracting the mon-0.99.2.tar file)  , read the
INSTALL file in the source, and you can easily start mon, make sure
you have the required perl modules, i guess you got confused as there
is no make, make install.....,
mon is just a perl script ..
#head -1 mon gives you "#!/usr/bin/perl"
hope this helps
Kishore Jalleda