--On Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:29:55 -0500 Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have it set to alert every 60minutes, but I get them about every 5
minutes.  In reading the doc's I noticed the results have to be the
same for each entry otherwise it resents.  I noticed the fping entries
in my log are different.

Yes, the default behavior is that if the summary of the failure changes a new alert should be generated. If you're running the current Mon from CVS you can control that by saying 'alertevery 60m strict'.

Alternatively you could figure out what your alert is generating inconsistent output. Based on this string from your syslog output, "unidentified output from fping", I'm guessing your alert script isn't corretly processing all of the fping output. I believe you might need a newer version of the fping.monitor script. If the latest version from CVS doesn't help send us the version iformation for you version of fping and we'll see if we can fix it.

-David

David Nolan                    <*>                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
curses: May you be forced to grep the termcap of an unclean yacc while
     a herd of rogue emacs fsck your troff and vgrind your pathalias!