Hi everyone,

I am new with MON, and just figured out that such monitoring tool exist. There is my question:

I have a test daemon running on RHEL3 from two different shell scripts (with two different set of passed arguments) that permanently fails after some time being unusable (if there are no data to process). This daemon performs some database update and has nothing to do with listening on particular ports.

I would like to use the MON for the following purposes: periodically check the daemon, and if it fails, re-start it and send the alert.
Please let me know if MON is a right tool for my purposes. And please recommend me another tool if MON is not right, as well.

--
Thanks,
Alex Zarutin