That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Nolan
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:03 PM
To: Tim Carr
Cc: mon@linux.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Problem getting traps to work correctly

On 7/13/06, Tim Carr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's a bit more information on it.  I've got the slave server
> configured for multiple services, each of them using the
"redistribute"
> option:
>
>    redistribute alert trap.alert mainmonitor

If thats an exact quote you've got the option wrong.  Its just
"redistribute trap.alert mainmonitor".

> On the master server, once I've reset it, none of those servers will
> ever go green/good in mon.cgi - they stay in blue/unchecked status.

That sounds like you've still got the period based trap configuration
in place.  (Which would match with the above typo.)

If thats not true, and the line above was a typo in the email not the
configuration, then maybe the redistribute code in CVS is broken.
Before I go investigate that possibility please confirm whether the
line above was an exact quote from your config file.

> In the slave server, the "history" file shows this for an outage
event:

> alert Store13-2 DRBD_Status 1152819579 /opt/mon/alert.d/trap.alert
> (mainmonitor) DRBD_Not_Running
> upalert Store13-2 DRBD_Status 1152819594 /opt/mon/alert.d/trap.alert
> (mainmonitor) DRBD_Not_Running

This also indicates to me that your old alert/upalert configuration is
still in place, because redistribute does not generate history
entries, because doing so would bloat the history file on the slave
server.

-David