Hey all,

I've made a modification to dns-query.monitor to accept a config file
for the underlying NET::DNS::Resolver.  That works fine.

However, no matter what I do, i cannot get it to stop adding my search
path onto the domain I want to check.  Because I want to check specific
subdomains, they always pass.

I've been trying to use

recurse
dnsrch

options in my config file, but they don't seem to work.  I will post a
patch if anyone wants this once I figure out how to effectively make
patch files :)

If anyone else has done this that would be great.

basically if I put in a bad domain name like  www.bddddomain.com, it
tries that, then tries it again, adding my local search domain and says
its good.

www.bdddddomain.com.gooddomain.com

I thought dnsrch would have helped....

[yesterday our internet connection went down, thanks to Mon I knew about
it about a minute after it happened and had our provider on the phone
minutes before the first complaint rolled in... had an e-mail out
internally after that to head off the rest of them... thanks mon]