On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, David Nolan wrote:

> You could also do something like write a script that uses Mon::Client and
> disables all hostgroups.  (This would show the status updates in the UI
> without sending alerts, at least with the current (CVS, 1.2.0rc1) Mon it
> would, I can't remember whether 0.99.2 did that.)

it would probably require less effort to just add a "holdalerts" feature
to the server, or something of that nature.

i can imagine this could be done a few different ways:

     1. walk through the watch structure and disable each

     2. have a global "hold alerts" flag which leaves the
        watch structure alone but is respected by do_alert

i'd lean towards #2 because it wouldn't blow away any previously
disabled watches or services.

how's that sound?