On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:20:01 -0500
George Georgalis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to use mon to manage configuration files, such
> as .procmailrc, so that the file is result of regex A
> for some periods of the day and regex B at other times.
>
> Is anyone using mon for this or similar task? how?

mon is for monitoring, not managing.  You can certainly make it do what
you want, but it will be like driving a nail with a screwdriver---the
wrong tool for the job rarely produces a pretty result.

Consider looking at alternative tools like cfengine or puppet, which
are both designed for this very use.

Mike.