On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Bryan Chapman wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Our config file is getting a bit out of hand, its 2600 lines long now
> and a bit of a head ache to manage.
>

> Is it possible to have a main configs file and to 'include' other
> sub-config files?

certainly. there are a few ways to do this.

out of the box, if you use a config file that ends with ".m4", mon will
pass that through m4 and use the results as the config file. then
you could use m4's features to do the including and tons of fancy
stuff if you want. for example:

mon.m4:

# this is the main config file
include(part1.cf)dnl

include(part2.cf)dnl

part1.cf:
here's part 1

part2.cf:
here's part 2

should result in:

# this is the main config file
here's part 1

here's part 2

you may have to fiddle with the paths so the "include" knows where to
look.

you could also just use whatever other kind of macro-processing tool you have
an affinity for, and then just make the output go to mon.cf before you tell mon
to load it.