On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 08:36:22AM -0500, Jim Trocki wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Tom Lieuallen wrote:
>
>> A while ago, I upgraded from mon-0.99.3-47 to mon-1.2.0.  I believe that
>> was the time when I stopped getting syslog output from mon.
>
> try the attached patch.
>
> there's a wrapper func for syslog which is meant to catch an exception
> if syslog throws one.

The wrapper is for the Perl Sys::Syslog module, which unwisely throws
an exception if it can't reach the syslog daemon.

Recent versions of that syslog module include a "nofatal" option when
opening up a syslog connection.  We could switch to that and make
Sys-Syslog-0.15 a prerequisite for installing Mon.