* Nathan Gibbs wrote:

SNIP

> We added the following code.
>

> # NPG
> # Now that we have monhost_and_port_args lets encode it into $url if needed.
> if ($monhost_and_port_args) {
>       $url = $url . "?${monhost_and_port_args}";
> }
> # NPG End

Changed that to
# NPG
# Now that we have monhost_and_port_args lets encode it into $url if
necessary.
if ($monhost_and_port_args) {
        $url = $base_url . "?${monhost_and_port_args}command";
        $cmd_url = $base_url . "?${monhost_and_port_args}command";
}else{
        $url = $base_url;
        $cmd_url = $base_url . "?command";
}
# NPG End

$base_url is defined where $url was deifined

# NPG
$base_url = CGI::script_name();                 # URL of this script.
# NPG End

Search & Replace
$url?${monhost_and_port_args}command=
$url?command=

with
$cmd_url=

> This would trim about 1K off the size of the beast.

1.1K trim.

> My concern is that doing so would break something, especially in a
> multiple monhost environment.  Which I am not set up to test.

It seems to work OK with a single monhost, but am still concerned about
multi monhost setups.

Is there anyone on this list who really understands how this beast
"mon.cgi" works & CGI programming, that I could bounce ideas off of,
without boring the rest of you to death?

I know enough about both to feel like I'm doing brain surgery with a
chainsaw.
:-)

Thanks

--