> I just ran into some confuson. I misunderstood the "mondir" setting
> in a configuration, and presumed that it mon would search *all* the
> listed directories for a specific monitor. The result was that I
> tried stashing them, for separation from default monitors, in their
> own directory.
>
> It didn't work: not a huge surprise.
:-)

> What confused me was that the missing monitors were simply
> "Untested", as opposed to being reported "Missing". or "Unavailable".

WOW, I never thought of trying to break it that way.
Very nice.
:-)

> Would it seem appropriate and reasonable to report missing minotirs
> as "Missing", to help avoid confusion during restarts or confusion
> about monitors being unavailable from some NFS shared resource?

Yes

The multiple mondir support would be a nice feature to have.
( with appropriate file permission checks, don't just make it work Jim.
:-) )

Having them fail as opposed to untested would be less confusing.
mon could put additional error info into the last_summary or Last detail
variables to make troubleshooting easier.

The bugs that are known can be fixed.
Thanks for finding that one.

--
Sincerely,