On Jan 15, 2013, at 21:44 , Eric Wong <normalper...@yhbt.net> wrote:

> But seriously, who will wait 120s for a website to load?

I have similar situation, in my case it's admin interface so admin
knows that some operations need time to process and will wait.

Right now I'm running two packs of Unicorn instances - one for quick
and one for long requests. But most of the time long request pool is
idling and eating memory.

My question: is possible to change Unicorn timeout per request from
Rails app? Middleware hook could be ok too. (not sure if it's possible
as I think timeout is set in master).