On 10/19/06, Zed A. Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 02:20:58 -0300
> "Luis Lavena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 10/19/06, Zed A. Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I got some stuff I planned on working on during rubyconf with the
> > > important people who can help.  I'll push out a 0.14 release at that time
> > > that has all the stuff.
> > >

> > Guess I'm not one of the *important ones*, nor one at RubyConf :-P
> >
> > Out of luck :-(
> >
> > Zed, drop me a line on these topics, could you? Thanks.
>
> Hehe, no you're important.  Actually I was gonna get with you about making
> you responsible for building the win32 gems.

Good!, always wanted to feel important!

Yeah!, love make gems! ;-)
(not lovemaking with gems, hehehe)

> The main things I want to talk with "important people" is:
>
> 1) "Universal Binary Gems"  (unlikely)
> 2) Why Ruby threads in services sucks so bad.  I'll literally pin someone to
> the deck and make them look at the code.

By services you mean?

> 3) Why Ruby is soooooooooooooo slow on win32.
Yeah, been exploring alternatives, even collect (or fund raising) 400
dollars for a intel compiler and get a boost... will experiment and
let you know.

> 4) Why the hell can't I use rsync on rubyforge.  Man it is really annoying.
> 5) There's about 5 or 6 people who have apps with really weird problems
> (unrelated to win32) that I hope to meet and go through their code in person
> (free consulting!).

> That's all :-)
>
> Any other requests while I'm there (from anyone)?

Yeah, could you make a cup of coffe, capuccino, not expresso, standing
in your left hand, with both your legs in the air, one of them (your
choice) in parallel to the floor and singing "God save the Queen"?
That will make my day.

Talk to you soon.

> --
> Zed A. Shaw, MUDCRAP-CE Master Black Belt Sifu
> http://www.zedshaw.com/
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
> http://www.lingr.com/room/3yXhqKbfPy8 -- Come get help.

Luis Lavena