Geetha Sg wrote:
Rafael GarcĂ­a wrote:
Geetha Sg wrote:
maths.exam.info:8000
HTH,
hi,

let me know how to do that.. i am very basic of ruby hosting..
I give you two templates that you can use to configure your server
replacing "foo" with your data, and the ports with your mongrel ports.

If you don't understand something it's explained in apache documentation
very well: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/

Regards!

--
Rafa

should i create the apache_vhost_mongrel_cluster.conf for both applications

I'm using slackware os.

pls help

I recommend you to try the simple vhost example gist, after I you need more try the other "complex" gist.

I suposse that you're using this file as vhost configuration file(I find it there in my slackware):

       /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

You can paste this code ( I don't tested it but you get the idea and perhaps works fine):

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName maths.exam.info
  DocumentRoot /srv/maths.com/www

ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8000/ </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName grammar.exam.info
  DocumentRoot /srv/grammar.com/www

  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8003/

</VirtualHost>

I personally (and many people) separate vhosts for domains or applications.
But in your case do it when you understand how it works and what do every directive(apache doc for it).

Remember: www directory should be a rails_root/public link

--
Rafa