This issue was highlighted on a number of IT news pages and blogs in the
week or two prior to the issuing CA expiring.  A decent CA should also have
made contact with their customers.

We were also bitten by this issue as well, so I now have a shell script
which checks all certificates in a chain for impending expiry.  I'm happy
to share if that would help anyone.

Phil

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 10:57, Werner Flamme <werner.fla...@ufz.de> wrote:

> Am 2020-12-06 um 12:18 schrieb SZÉPE Viktor:
> > Idézem/Quoting Werner Flamme <werner.fla...@ufz.de>:

> our
> >>
> >> I do not understand why a server certificate is valid longer than any of
> >> the intermediate certificates. Has the COMODO intermediate certificate
> >> been revoked or did it reach its valid date?
> >>

> > Hello Werner!
> >
> > It was a transition to anther signing root.
> > PKI is a changing landscape.
> > Google for COMODO 2020 cross-signing.
>
> Hello Viktor,
>
> so, the intermediate cert was valid when the change happened. How would
> one monitor this change in advance?
>
> Ithink, in such cases you have to be awake personally. You should have
> gotten information beforehand, issued by COMODO. You should've had time
> to renew and change the certificates. I do not see how to get monit to
> warn you here.
>
> Werner
>
> --

  • The day... rexkogit...@gmx.at