Ben Maurer schrieb:
There is no need for the #ifdef PIC in mini.c, the offset thingy already
returns -1 in this case.

Hmm, I guess you mean the ifdef PIC in mini-amd64.c: Did it because I don't know if I'm allowed to throw out the read_tls_offset_from_method functions.. (Don't know what this function returns if PIC is enabled..)

MONO_THREAD_VAR_OFFSET can cast to a 32 bit type so that the stuff in
other places is avoided.

I don't really see how this can be done, as I had to change the offset variable (that gets returned) to intptr_t, so I can do a 'movq' in the asm part.
Basically it would mean to use another intermediate variable - but I don't know if that's better?

Thanks,
  Willi