Greetings,

A would love to see an Object Pascal (i.e. Delphi compatible) compiler for Mono.

I would be quite willing to work on such a project (in my spare time), but I don't have the documentation to do a decent job of it. It seems to me that the best bet would be to match the language used by Borland's products for maximum compatibility.

The latest version of Delphi that I have documentation for is ver6 and I don't have the cash to go out and buy ver8. (Remember when Turbo Pascal 3.0 cost $49?)

If someone can provide a language spec, I would be willing to begin putting together a scanner/parser.

Shouldn't something like this be able to leverage the gmcs compiler internals for the IR and such?

Cheers,

Grant.

Willibald Krenn wrote:
Hi!

Would there be interest in adding a Delphi compatible compiler to Mono?

Somehow I'd like to see support for my pet language.. :-)

Any thoughts?
  Willi