Willibald Krenn wrote:

How do you guys manage to get some work done while at the same time hanging around in #mono? I can not do that, so I do not monitor #mono.

Willi

I think that it can only go further down from here!

Frankly folks, I see the beauty of an Open Source compiler for managed Pascal. However, I fail to see how is that adversarial with the folks form RemObjects. There is plenty of room for all alternatives.

Miguel de Icaza's opinion on this subject -- should he decide to voice it -- is important, but what you do on your own time is your choice. After all, Mono itself is a shining example of doing an Open Source implementation and/or variation on a commercial endeavor that has "shared source", open source, but that is mostly closed source, Microsoft .NET Framework.

I invite all to respect one another and improve the general state of this great community effort.

Paco