This looks promising.  Nice job.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Consider submitting your patch against the current SVN code.

2. Don't remove the existing *-*-*netbsd* case from configure.in.  Instead, change it to *-*-*netbsd*1* , and even better, see if you can get things working with 1.6. and update the existing entry. :)

3. Don't use __NetBSD__ in libgc (dyn_load.c)  libgc sets up definitions for NETBSD in gcconfig.h.  If there is a precompiler definition exclusive to NetBSD2 (I hope) then make a new definition, and || where appropriate, unless you can test against 1.6 simultaneously. (although I  know __thread wont work on 1.6).  It also looks like GC_NETBSD_THREADS are also specific to 2.x - perhaps GC_NETBSD2_THREADS?

I'm trying to leave the NetBSD 1.6 folks some room to work, is all.

4. The changes in mono/mini that you've made should be redone against SVN.  Most of them were taken care of with the FreeBSD changes, I hope.   Otoh, I'm pretty clueless about the registers on NetBSD - but are you sure you want to redefine:

+# define SC_EAX sc_eip
+# define SC_EBX sc_edx
+# define SC_ECX sc_eax
+# define SC_EDX sc_ecx