Piotr Zurek wrote:
> Andrés G. Aragoneses [ knocte ] wrote:
>
>> My personal opinion is that the best priority should be to finish the
>> port of MonoDevelop to Windows.
>
> Instead of porting things back and forth (MD was started as SharpDevelop
> port) it would be just great if the contribution would make our life
> easier. Something like getting the debugger to work...

Did somebody say debugger?  :)

I'd say thats the quickest trip to Mono fame: a debugger integrated into
MonoDevelop.  Microsoft VisualStudio has provided excellent integrated
debugger support for a long time.  Many Windows developers view the lack
of an integrated and easy to use debugger as a showstopper for
developing on a *nix platform.

Now if ASP.NET support could be polished up and MonoDevelop had
integrated xsp/ASP.NET debugging - that'd be huge.  VisualStudio's
ASP.NET debugging while powerful, is extremely flaky, so its an area
where Mono could even beat the competition.

Just the $0.02 of a mono-devel lurker... feel free to ignore.  :)

Michael