Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 10:38 +0100, Robert Jordan wrote:
It's not possible to catch a managed exception in unmanaged code
when running on Unix.

Darn. It'd be nice to be able to register a "catch all" in C on Unix. Oh well.

You can still register your own function to deal with unhandled
exceptions by attaching a delegate to AppDomain.UnhandledException
handler (afair, for the root appdomain).

-Gonzalo

That's a great idea, I'll try that.

On a related note, in my example project if I throw an exception that isn't handled (on purpose), the program prints the "Unhandled Exception" information but doesn't exit as expected. It just sits there. I've attached the example project. Sorry for the size, I tried to pare it down as much as possible. I also tried rewriting it in a more basic form, but then it didn't seem to have this problem. I've tried this on 1.1.13.8 (sled) and 1.2.2.1 (vmware image).

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help guys,
Thomas