Hi,

I have a question on the performance of remoting between two appdomains running in the same process.

We have developed a dynamic dll loading program (plugins) using appdomains and assemblies and need to pass a lot of data between the two plugins. We are passing image data between the two plugins. The size of the data is around 250K Bytes and the transfer happens 15-30 times a second.

Question:

Is remoting optimized when the appdomains are created in the same process / application ? ( We are passing the objects using MarshalByRefObject)

Are the transfers the same as accessing shared memory or is the data still accessed via proxies ?

Is there a big performance hit doing this in Mono ? Is there a better solution ?

Thanks,

Shawn Schaerer
Director of Research and Development
Cogmation Robotics Inc