Hello dear developers,

I am Sebi and I'm currently developing an application which aims to do massive encoding of queued movies and of course, as open source supporter, I decided to use Mono as the development environment for this application in my
company.

I am currently using Mono 1.2.6-1 as I had no time to update it to a later version yet.

I wrote approximately 14500 lines of code in almost 2.5 months since I started this project and I must tell you that I'm really pleased with your product. I encountered some problems but successfully developed some features from scratch if they were not implemented yet natively by Mono or found answers all over the internet about how to solve my problems (such of not implemented WebClient, WebRequest, WebResponse, etc... anyway using sockets I managed to successfully create classes that
work like a charm)

The problem is that now I need to use COM communication. I will have to use Flix Engine from On2 and as I discovered reading their documentation / how-tos, I sorta' need this. (functions like "Type.GetTypeFromProgID("xyz")" for example are not
yet implemented)

I have no experience at all with COM communication or such, so please forgive me if this will make some of you laugh or something :)

Can I know when COM support will be added? Or can anyone help me a bit solving this communication? There's this SDK from On2 that I have to use. There is a version for linux of their SDK, but any suggestions about how to solve this the right way will be
appreciated.

Thank you for all your support and Go MONO!

With kind regards,
Sebi
begin:vcard
fn:Sebi Onofrei
n:Onofrei;Sebastian
org:Eyepartner Inc.;C# & Delphi development
adr:;;Luca Arbore, 18, 512A, P/1;Iasi;Iasi;;Romania
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Mr
tel;work:+40 745 337579
tel;home:+40 332 443465
tel;cell:+40 765 133948
note;quoted-printable:Hello,=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	In case any problems related with Monster Encoder or Deskshare applicatio=
	ns appear, please feel free to create/update a proper ticket containing=
	 some relevant details about the involved problem and notify me.=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Thank you
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://onofrei.org