Miguel answered your email and asked you to attach a strace:

http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/2008-April/027541.html

-g

On 16-Apr-08, at 11:59 AM, StApostol wrote:

I sent an email on the very same topic a few days ago, but it seems it never arrived :/

What if the project is a class library? There's no startup script in that case, unless you move that burden to the consumers of your library (which is not really nice or developer friendly).

Up to Mono 1.2.6, you could place a dll.config file in the ~/.mono/ assemblies/[App name] directory, which was a valid workaround for this: your application could create the necessary dll.config file at runtime, which would point to the correct library (environment or override). Sadly this no longer works in Mono 1.9 (why?)

On 4/16/08, Robert Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Petit Eric wrote:

> as we know under windows, a app try to find library, first in the same
> dir as the executable, if there isn't it try to shearch them in
> windows and system32 (environment).
>
> So my question is, can we have the same way under linux :
> - official library in the environment (/lib, /usr/lib ..........)
> - "Unofficial" library in the same dir as the executable of my app

http://www.mono-project.com/Guidelines:Application_Deployment

Search for LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Robert